Keep politics out, let AES do its job to save our lives

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE: Spray-painting Automated Enforcement System cameras won't cover up the benefits.
.


The AES camera on the Temoh-Kampar road which has been vandalised. Some drivers have even tried to knock the camera down with their vehicles.

FORMER United States president Franklin D. Roosevelt once said: "It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something."

It rang true for the government's initiative to implement the Automated Enforcement System (AES), which has taken the media by storm. Many quarters have given their two sen worth of opinions resulting in two camps -- supporters and opposers.

Commuters, who have to drive long distances daily to work or hold jobs requiring them to spend more time on the road, could appreciate a system that nudges road users to be law-abiding drivers.

Malaysians are nice people in general, but when it comes to driving, quite a number of us turn into monsters.

Personally, I support the AES, not because I am expected to since I am working with the mainstream New Straits Times. I support it because it is common sense to do so, especially when I have to make a nearly 100km return trip every day to my workplace in Precinct 15.

What is so bad about a system that can help to save lives?

If the AES is able to raise drivers' awareness on the importance of safe driving, I am all for it. I believe all surviving families of fatal accident victims will back me up on this.

Read more: New Straits Times
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. AES Detector - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger